Romania has the highest percentage of homeowners in the EU

by   CIJ News iDesk V
2023-12-06   09:34
/uploads/posts/bebb521818fe85b4683dde90b2dfd40c7f3d5786/images/1079563701.jpg

Last year, 69 percent of the European Union's population lived in their own homes, while the remaining 31 percent lived in rented accommodation, with Romanians accounting for the highest percentage of homeowners in the EU, according to data published by the European Statistical Office (Eurostat).

Eurostat points out that in most countries, with the exception of Germany, the percentage of those who own the dwelling they live in is higher than that of renters. In 2022, the highest percentage of home owners was in Romania (94.8 percent of the population lived in a personally owned dwelling), Slovakia (93 percent), Croatia (91 percent) and Hungary (90 percent). The highest percentage of renters was also found last year in Germany (53 percent), Austria (49 percent) and Denmark (40 percent).

Source: Economica.net