SPEEDWELL sells 75% shareholding in MIRO office building to Hili Properties plc

by   CIJ News iDesk V
2022-08-09   08:15
/uploads/posts/4123dbda777870a9ef128b4c877e24274ab7ef30/images/16999660.jpg

SPEEDWELL has finalised an agreement with Hili Properties plc of Malta for the sale of 75 percent of the shareholding in Baneasa Real Estate SRL, the owner of the imposing MIRO office building in the Baneasa area. The remaining 25 percent shareholding will remain in SPEEDWELL’s ownership for a further two years. The MIRO building was delivered at the end of 2021.

“This transaction once again proves that a quality asset always attracts a quality buyer, not in the least because it attracts high-quality tenants. We are very happy to have Hili Properties as our partner for MIRO, knowing that our visions are aligned in properly managing, maintaining, and further developing MIRO as one of the key office locations in the Baneasa area.” states Didier Balcaen, CEO and Co-Founder SPEEDWELL.

MIRO is a Class A mixed-use property with 23,000 sqm of leasable area spread over five floors with a 1,700 sqm outdoor plaza. The property was developed with a focus on the well-being of its occupants and on sustainability as evidenced by its BREEAM “Excellent” and WELL “Platinum” certification. It has an extensive list of reputable tenants including KPMG, Rovere, COS, Eaton, Neoclinique, Speedwell, Stradale/Mitzu, Jura and Hisky.

The transaction was supported by Țuca, Zbarcea & Asociatii for SPEEDWELL and coordinated by SPEEDWELL’s internal legal and financial team. Legal advisors Musat & Asociatii, Deloitte, and Colliers were part of Hili Properties’ transaction advisory team.